IE Consulting/GES Limited are currently managing, supervising and designing the on-going remediation of a former wood processing facility in Tipperary.
Closure of the EPA licence required the excavation and management of residual hydrocarbon and wood preservative contamination.
IE Consulting have been engaged to co-ordinate the remedial works to the satisfaction of the EPA. Works have included;
- Extensive site investigations and data compilation
- Groundwater and soil sampling
- Dewatering well installation
- Perched groundwater dewatering
- Bulk excavation of contaminated soil containing wood preservative
- Excavation of hydrocarbon contaminated soil along discrete pathways of migration
- The risk assessment of residuals
- Communication with third party stakeholders and the EPA.
The remediation works of the facility will restore the soil to a substantially improved state. The remedial works will allow EPA IPPC licence close out and licence removal.