IE Consulting/GES Limited are currently managing, supervising and designing the on-going remediation of a former meat processing facility in Roscommon.
Closure of the EPA licence requires the on-going excavation and management of residual contamination.
IE Consulting have been engaged to co-ordinate the remedial works to the satisfaction of the EPA. Works have included;
- Extensive site investigations and data compilation
- Bulk excavation of wastes
- Bulk excavation of contaminated soil
- Remediation of contaminated subsoils
- The risk assessment of residuals.
The remediation works of the facility has to date restored specific land parcels to a substantially improved state. The remedial works will allow EPA IPPC licence close out and licence removal.