IE Consulting/GES Limited are currently managing, supervising and designing the on-going remediation of a former industrial scale food processing facility in Carlow.
The entire site is in excess of 200 acres and required a wide variety of environmental investigations and assessments to satisfy the EPA.
The facility is in a CRAMP phase regarding its EPA licence. IE Consulting have been engaged to co-ordinate the remedial works to the satisfaction of the EPA. Works have included;
- Extensive site investigations and data compilation
- Bulk excavation of wastes
- Landfill remediation
- Groundwater remediation
- Biopile treatment of oil contaminated material
- Remediation of contaminated subsoils
- The risk assessment of residuals.
The remediation works of the facility will restore large land parcels to a substantially improved state. The remedial works will potentially facilitate much needed brownfield redevelopment within Carlow town and its environs.